OPTIMIZED MANAGEMENT AND RESOURCES
Bearing in mind the weight that the entrepreneurial activity has in the local communities, SIGN adopts management policies that aim to promote the society's stability, through the Projects and good practice.
This environmental conscience led to the creation from the ground up of one of the biggest Textile Printing centers for Display of Europe with the technical- and technologically smaller ecological footprint possible to date - COLORFUL.
Materials and Certified Equipments
More Ecological Productions
We invest in the most modern technology that use less energetic resources and raw materials
We reuse internal resources and raw materials (residues and physical stability of the client) in projects that aim towards the sustainability
We resource to the services of companies that are certified and specialized in Global Management of Residues for separation and recovery of our residues
Optimized Productive Process
We work with state-of-art equipments and with the latest “environmentally friendly” technology available on the market, separated in 3 printing technologies: UV, Latex and Sublimation – all 100% solvent free.
All the equipments were developed to the the most efficient possible - spend as less energy and resources as possible.
The UV inks we use are made to have the smaller impact possible in the environment. They are solvent free (VOC - Volatile Organic Compounds) according to the EN 1999/13/EC they heal with a low energetic waste and have low ozone dissemination.
- They follow the directive RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) 2002/95/EC and the directive WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic) 2002/96/EC, both aiming to protect the health, the environment and human beings.
- Free of toxic substances
- They can be easily recycled after printing.
- They follow TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) and the REACH Law (Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals)
- European Toy Standard EN 71 Part 3
- GREENGUARD Certifiation
- Nordic Swan Ecolabel
Besides offering an incredible quality, consistency and resistance of the picture, the water base HP Latex inks were developed as a more environmentally friendly alternative for printing.
- Compatible with closed spaces, impossible for solvents, like the health sector - they have no odor
- Prints don't affect health wise: doesn't demand special ventilations, nor labels with warning or hazardous air pollutant (HAPs) signs. Doesn't contain nickel
- Certificação UL ECOLOGO®
- Certificação UL GREENGUARD GOLD,
- Certificação AgBB
The inks used in Sublimation are produced with a pioneering water base technology.
This technology has a process focused on improving the resources (water and energy), which translates into a decrease of its use, without compromising the final quality of the product.
The fixation of the inks to the textile is done using heat, which dismisses additional finishes, such as washing, which translates into a direct saving of water.
- The consumption of water is 50 to 100 times inferior to other technologies
- Over 50% reduction in the energy consumption
- Reduction of CO2 emissions up to 90%
- OEKO-TEX standard
- OVOC (Ordinance on the Incentive Tax on Volatile Organic Compounds) 814.018
MACHINES AND INKS
100% SOLVENT FREE
The Management of Residues begins within our structure, which is focused in reducing the waste and is integrated in our Production Management model
It carries on, then, to 3 companies that render us services within the scope of triage, transportation and valuation of the residues.
Certified company that manages the residues for their valuation.
Maiambiente EM is a public company with administrative supervision and superintendence of Maia City Hall.
It makes a selective collection of recyclable materials
Certified company that takes care of the management of cartridges and used collectors.
Optimized Management and Resources
Machines and Inks
SIGN is a member of GIGA
SIGN is a member of APIGRAF
guinness world records winner
In a partnership with Dreambooks, SIGN printed the World's Largest Photo Book
GIGA is an association of entrepreneurial companies with a common interest in the technology and use of large format digital imaging technology
The APIGRAF, Portuguese Association of Paper Graphic and Transformation Industry is the responsable association for representing the interests of the graphic industries in portugal. Their goal goes trough by understand the portuguese reality and educating the paper industry importance at portuguese society.
© Copyright 2013 SIGN - impressão em grande formato, SA - All Rights Reserved